Software Engineer - Front End
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Our company is built on the idea that when diverse fields of study come together, we are able to solve challenging problems. We have grand dreams to build technology that will influence industries around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a dynamic culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions.
Carbon is looking to hire an amazing engineer to help build our customer-facing software, primarily focused on a a single-page browser application that enables users to visualize, manipulate, and print complex 3Ddigital models. You'd beworking with a small team on modern technologies, using interesting algorithms and data structures not normally seen in typical "front-end" Web apps. Depending on your interests, you'd also get to work on complementary back-end technologies in differentlanguages, both on single-machine and cloud configurations.
- Work on our customer facing single page application that helps user prepare 3D digital models and send them to the printer
- Push the limits of browser performance to provide a great user experience. We render and process models with millions of triangles in under a second.
- Work on complementary back-end components across numerous different technologies
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Work closely with other engineers, product management, and UX/UI design to function efficiently and effectively as a small team
- Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering
- Experience with a modern front-end framework (Angular, Vue, React) -- we use React.
- 3+ years software development experience
- BS or MSdegree in Computer Science or equivalent