HomeX is an end-to-end technology and services platform for both homeowners and service providers, radically improving the historically complex and fragmented home services industry.
About the Job
HomeX is seeking UX-focused, detail-oriented front-end engineers who are results-oriented, data focused, passionate and innovative in creating new customer solutions. You'll be focusing on further growth of HomeX consumer business, creating radically different user experience, and improving acquisition and conversion across HomeX consumer-facing applications.
At HomeX you will be working closely with product and design to conceptualize, plan and build features that will create the next generation of home services. You will have the opportunity to write high quality, well tested and maintainable code. You will also have your voice heard and have an impact on the team's tech, culture and ways of working going forward.
- Drive delivery of front-end features and capabilities for use across multiple HomeX Consumer and B2B products and services.
- Engage in architectural decisions, design and development of high-impact products
- Partner with product management, science and analytics to radically improve user experience
- Be an integral part of an elite, energetic team of Architects, Product Managers, Developers and Designers where collaboration across all groups is the key to success
- Deliver pixel perfect features that work on multiple browsers and devices
- Maintain and improve code coverage with unit, integration and e2e testing
- Relevant industry experience, coding bootcamps, or degree(s) in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- Experience writing and maintaining a full suite of front-end unit, integration and e2e tests
- Experience writing cross-browser compatible code
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Wordpress is a strong plus
- Experience with TypeScript
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.1 for building an accessible web application
- Knowledge of best SEO practices
- Experience in rendering performance optimization
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with CSS-in-JS frameworks like styled components
- Experience with content ecosystems
Do you want to reinvent a trillion-dollar industry?
HomeX is a radically better home services platform combining world-class technology and next generation service operations. We are reshaping the experience for both consumers and businesses in the trillion-dollar home services industry.
Being radically better requires new end-to-end solutions for both consumers and technicians. This is why HomeX is combining a technology platform for the entire industry, a managed service network, and full-service experiences for consumers. Creating this integrated ecosystem enables us to deliver uniquely simple and personalized solutions that are redefining home services.
HomeX has experienced exponential growth because of our commitment to evolve the industry, our determination to be a positive force, and our passion for groundbreaking technology. Joining HomeX now is a once in a lifetime career opportunity for anyone passionate about making a difference and making history in consumer technology.
Note: All HomeX offices are currently closed due to the coronavirus pandemic. As of Feb 2021, we plan to reopen offices some time in Q3 and will expect most employees to work onsite ~3 days per week.
Why work with us?
Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, as well as the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives and competitive benefits for full time employees.