We are seeking a talented and motivated Software Engineer to join the Medical Reporting team to help us lead a transformation in cancer care by writing software that makes cancer data accessible to clinicians, researchers, and patients. Responsibilities:
- Work with technical leaders to help drive sound engineering design, process, quality practices and ultimately production-ready software.
- Work with technical leads and the rest of the team to understand and hold everyone accountable to our coding and engineering practices.
- Work closely with product owners, key business and technical stakeholders to ensure FMI is building the best products.
- Work in an agile/scrum driven environment to deliver new innovative products including participation in daily scrum, code review and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Strong understanding of code versioning tools (Git/Bitbucket).
- Demonstrated ability working on modern web applications (JS/NodeJS/DB technologies/cloud-hosted).
- Strong understanding of RESTFul API development (especially in Node/ExpressJS or similar).
- Strong understanding of database technologies (PostgreSQL, Oracle).
- Experience working with cloud hosted environments (AWS/Azure).
- Demonstrated understanding of testing practices and differences in test types and practices.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with a CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins/Travis/etc.).
- Experience and knowledge of logging & monitoring tools (New Relic, Logz.io).
- Demonstrable affinity for pinball.
Education or Experience:
- 2+ years of experience on a software development team in a collaborative environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT or related technology field or demonstrable relevant experience in a technical field.
- Experience working on an open-source, modern web technology stack.
- Experience working on large scale applications as part of a software development team.