Forte is the industry-leading provider of software and services in the critical areas ofclinical trial management, clinical data management and research administration for cancer centers, academic medical centers and health systems.
Essential Job Duties (in order of priority)
- Develop web-based systems built using Java EE technologies in a multi-tiered environment including working with front-end components, business logic, workflow logic, backend systems as well as integration endpoints.
- Determine operational feasibility through analysis, problem definition, requirements gathering, solution development, and solution proposal.
- Adhere to Forte coding standards and security practices in accordance withapplicable software development methodology and release processes.
- Collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions.
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other Forte team (QA, PM, Support) members to achieve goals.
- Develop, integrate and deploy object-oriented system solutions for web applications.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by writing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Perform technical root cause analysis and outline corrective action for given problems.
- Review product and/or application information including manuals and brochures for technical accuracy, as needed.
- Mentor less experienced Software Engineers.
- Confer with users/focus groups, studying systems flow, data usage, and workprocesses.
- Utilize software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process.
- Design and develop new core functionality.
- Demonstrate ability to take on larger case work and design.
- Demonstrate logical, solution-oriented approach and possess the ability to offer a variety of solutions or functionality to solve problems.
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
Documentation: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelors’ Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; or relevant work experience.
- 2-4 years industry experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency of:
- Object Relational Mapping
- Web services
- Continuous integration
- Takes initiative with problem solving.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across functional teams.
- Ability to capture and document software design and requirements.
- Investigates potential solutions to ensure maintainability.
- Demonstrates a desire for continuous learning.
Forte Research Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate onany basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.