Job Description :
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This Flight Simulations Software Engineer will work in an aeronautics and military flight simulations environment with cutting edge hardware & systems.
This exciting F-35 Flight Simulator work will include working on robust military aircraft simulations based on real-time mission conditions and variables.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, have a can-do attitude, and be willing to take ownership and grow the capabilities of our complex training device system.
This position will provide the opportunity to expand and apply knowledge of physics, engineering, and software development skills and to grow domain knowledge in the area of tactical flight simulators, including aerodynamics, sensors, comm/nav, avionics, electronic warfare, landing aids, and tactics.
The engineer will contribute to the development of new features and the resolution of existing defects.
This includes contributing to the creation of software requirements/technical specifications, design, implementation, software test, and deployment within the bounds of the software processes and practices.
The engineer will develop and test our software modules and troubleshoot existing baselines as needed to ensure product quality.
The engineer will also collaborate with teammates and other engineering disciplines, including hardware engineers, systems engineers, human factors engineers, and program management.
Basic Qualifications for this position include a BS Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or closely related technical field.
• C/C++ software development proficiency
• Experience writing software for UNIX / Linux platform
• Proficiency in Object-Oriented Design
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal & written communications skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Strong collaboration skills
Experience or familiarity with any of the following skills or technologies is desired:
• Shell scripting
• Simulation and modeling
• Aerodynamics / Flight Models
• Weapon Models (JDAM, JSOW, LGB, GBU, AIM9, AIM120, etc.)
• Threat Systems
• Avionics Systems
• Familiarity with Physics Based Systems
• Familiarity with Sensor Systems (EO, IR, RADAR, EW, CNI)
• Familiarity with radio, weather, weapons, fly-out models, and/or aeronautical concepts
• Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) / High Level Architecture (HLA)
• Computer Generated Forces (CGFs)
• Development in parallel processing environments (multi-threaded or multi-process)