Software Engineer - Firmware
- Lead development of specifications.
- Lead design of firmware/software.
- Lead implementation of firmware/software designs.
- Understand hardware and software interactions, and collaborate with Hardware Engineers.
- Analyze test plans and test results.
- Lead the development of designs and test documentation.
- Mentor Engineers, Associate Engineers, and Technicians.
- Review data sheets and instruction manuals.
- Serve as project manager and/or project technical contact.
- Participate in industry technical meetings and conferences as needed to meet operational and strategic plans.
- Lead development of R&D processes.
- Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering or equivalent
- Typically 6+years’experiencein either of the following areas:
- Embedded systems firmware development including:
- real-time firmware design
- C and assembly languages
- Object orientedfirmwaredevelopment including:
- object oriented design
- object oriented languages (C++)
- Proven experience leading and completing complex projects
- Ability to meet Motor Vehicle ReportQualification Standards of SEL
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Embedded Linux systems development in C/C++
- Industrial controls
- 3-phase electric power systems
- TCP/IP protocols
- Digital and analogcircuitry
- Digital communications and signal processing
- Project management
- Low level programming