Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories is looking for an experienced Firmware/Software Engineer to join our Government Services team. This position supports a variety of projects involving development and analysis of embedded systems. The ideal candidate will have experience interfacing with hardware, developing software and firmware, and using a variety of test/diagnostic equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Participate in the design, implementation, and test of firmware/software systems.
2. Understand hardware and software interactions, and collaborate with Hardware Engineers.
3. Prepare and maintain designs and test documentation.
4. Mentor Associate Engineers and Technicians.
5. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
6. Understand. Create. Simplify.
7. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
Typically 2+ years experience in embedded systems firmware development including:
- C or C++ and assembly language
- Python, Perl, or other scripting languages
- Real-time firmware design
Additionally, experience in one or more of the following:
- Linux/UNIX development
- Real-time operating systems
- Windows application development
- Graphical User Interface applications
- Object oriented design and languages
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Knowledge in one or more of the following:
Digital signal processing
Digital and analog circuitry
3-phase electric power systems
Modern communications protocols
SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.