At SwiftStack, we’re creating a purpose-built object storage system to help companies store, manage, and access the petabytes of data they generate in the course of their business. We are primary contributors to OpenStack Swift, the open-source object storage software which powers some of the world’s largest object storage clouds. Layered on top of that, our SwiftStack Controller provides intelligent monitoring capabilities, meaningful enterprise integrations, and sophisticated orchestration tools to help our customers with cluster bringup, management, and evolution. Together, they are a powerful combination that gives our customers a scalable, modern storage system on top of commodity hardware and built for their needs.
Our product is extending its reach into network file server protocols and filesystem semantics. We’re building an elite team of software engineers with experience in file serving, filesystems, distributed computing, and high performance networked servers to pioneer a new entry in the SwiftStack product line.
You are a talented experienced developer with a strong subset of the following skills and attributes:
- You’ve delivered major systems-oriented projects in C or C++.
- You’ve worked on a shipping filesystem and have a strong understanding of how filesystems work.
- You have experience building networked file servers and good network protocol knowledge.
- You’ve worked on multi-node/clustered solutions where high availability is a requirement.
You’ll get us particularly excited if
- You're previously worked on a distributed filesystem.
- You’re familiar with the implementation of OpenStack Swift or a similar object storage system.
- You’ve worked on implementations of major file serving protocols (SMB, NFS).
- You have Golang experience.
SwiftStack is technology company where every engineer has a significant impact on customer experience and company success. With influence over open source and an innovative commercial product, SwiftStack has achieved notoriety as a company disrupting the huge market that is storage infrastructure. In the past 4 years we’ve assembled a sharp, fun-loving, and talented team, and we’d love for you to be part of our growing team in San Francisco and Cupertino.