The Software Engineer will develop software to customer specifications, to support product manufacturing and/or testing operations at their facilities, to run under a Windows OS.
Most projects are multithreaded real-time physical computing; interfacing with data acquisition and control hardware, specialized equipment (e.g. flowmeters, smoke meters, ECM’s, dataplate stampers), and other plant systems.
Typically, a software engineer is involved in a project from specification through installation phase, with subsequent customer support as requested.
Domestic or international travel, to perform on-site installation and debugging, is required for some projects.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Collaborate with team members and customers to develop project specifications and quotations, for reliable, cost-effective solutions.
- Develop software in C++, with MFC and .NET, using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Communicate directly with customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (BSEE, BSME, etc.) or Computer Science
- Strong skill set including C++, with MFC and .NET
- 2-5 years experience
- Ability to work independently or within a team
- Good communication skills
- Basic system troubleshooting
- Experience with data acquisition and control hardware (Gantner, Opto22, etc.) is preferable
*Candidates must be local and have authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer. No third parties.