Software Engineer - Factory Automation
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
In this position, you will join a team developing automated semiconductor process equipment that delivers wafer-to-atomic information, enabling our customers to make timely decisions. By accelerating the information age, you will be helping make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
- Develop SEMI compliant Factory Automation software that continues to integrate our electron microscopes into Semiconductor FABs.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle from inception to completion including requirements analysis, specification, design, implementation, and testing.
- Add to and improve existing code to meet requirements for flexibility, new features, and maintainability.
- Interact with 3rd party vendor to implement new functionalities.
- Support customers by both reviewing specifications and providing on-site integration and validation.
- Eligible for passport and able to travel.
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience.
- Strong C# / C++ skills.
- Ability to work in the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE and experience with. NET technologies (WPF/WCF).
- Discipline, pride, and professionalism writing readable, documented, and unit-tested code.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in order to collaborate with dynamic cross-functional teams.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed by understanding new problem domains, originating sound designs, and implementing well-structured code.
- Excellent analytical and empirical problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to learn and work with vendor’s hardware and software to integrate the equipment front end module with the instruments.
- Experience developing SEMI compliant Factory Automation software and integrating the same into the Semiconductor FABs.
- Understanding of SECS/GEM/300 mm SEMI standards and Factory Automation environment.
- Ability to write SECSIM Pro scripts a plus.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum development environment.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job ID : 51228BR