This position is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of portions of F5's networking stack. Designs, codes, tests and delivers new/modified functionality. Perform as an individual contributor and collaborate with peers under the direction of technical leads on assigned project teams. Requires little direct management to complete the majority of development tasks.
- Design and implement major components of products in C
- Research, investigate and define new areas of technology to enhance existing products or new product directions
- Evaluate performance of products; tune, re-evaluate the design and implementation of current source code
- Document software designs via functional specifications and other design documents
- Conduct presentations internal and external
- May participate in hiring and on-boarding process
- Collaborate with team members and technical leads
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Solid knowledge and experience with network protocols.
- Specific experience or expertise with TCP, HTTP, HTTP/2, QUIC are preferred.
- 3+ years programming experience in C or similar language.
- Excellent analytic / trouble-shooting and debugging skills.
- Successfully manage ambiguity in work.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment.
- Demonstrates emerging leadership qualities. Serves as de-facto lead in small group interaction
- Can design and implement new functionality in multiple feature areas, while developing subject matter expertise in at least one.
- 2 + years with B.S OR 0 + years with an M.S in Computer Science in a related field.