The Towers Watson and Willis group of companies (the “Company” or “Willis Towers Watson”) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turnrisk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees in more than 140 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
A changing healthcarelandscape creates new opportunities. With our combined understanding of regulation and risk, behavioral insights and technology platforms, we create innovative exchange-based services and solutions that enable people to navigate options with confidence, and give employers decision-making peace of mind.
Willis Towers Watson’s Exchange Solutions operates a private health care marketplace, OneExchange, which supports all workforce populations: full- and part-time employees, early and Medicare-eligible retirees, and other special populations. With ten years of operating experience, Fortune 1000 companies, public sector employers and unions have been using OneExchange solutions to connect Medicare-eligible and pre-65 retirees as well as part-time employees to the individual market. OneExchange delivers significant health benefit cost savings, reduced administration and industry-leading customer service.
About the Team:
We are a group of passionate Software Engineers that have built the largest private Medicare exchange in the country. We have a focus on continuous improvement that extends to both the software we write and the culture we promote. We build a platform to provide the best possible support to our customers shopping for insurance, where our insurance carriers can be confident their products are represented accurately and unbiased.
As a senior member of the development team, we are looking for someone to be a mentor to others, an advocate of best practices, and an active coach amongst the engineering team they’ll work with. We look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new technologies as the need arises.
- You should value expertise and a passion for the craft of Software Engineering. You should be able to recognize and stay up to date on current techniques and tools, but also be prudent knowing what is and isn’t a good fit.
- Contribute to building an environment where technical excellence and delivery of outstanding software is in focus.
- Actively mentor engineers to develop their expertise.
- Work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Adhere to and advocate for development best practices including test driven development, and agile methodologies.
- Contribute ideas for continually improving the team's productivity and code quality.
- Become an expert in our existing systems in order to innovate on their further improvement.
- 4+ years of experience in producing software
- Advanced-level experience with at least C# and the .NET runtime
- Expert experience with TDD, SOLID design, SOA, scalability
- Organize and prioritize individual workload in order to meet requireddeadlines
- Communicate effectively with team members, team leads, and management
- Work as a member of a team, accept ownership of work and actively contribute to team discussions
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Some of the many technologies we have used include: .NET Core, Caliburn, Paket, XUnit, Structuremap, SQL Server, NHibernate, ReSharper, Docker, Chef, VSphere, FubuMVC, StoryTeller, White, Ruby (at the command line), bash, Git, GitHub, TeamCity, PostgreSQL, Marten
- The team in Tempe is responsible for a large WPF based application, which is slowly updated to a micro-services architecture in .NET Core.
- Experience with XAML/WPF is a plus
- Experience with ReactJS is a plus
What our employees say:
“The environment is really good for developers. We understand how developers work and we’ve built a culture around that.” –Steve
“Open source contributions are encouraged, which helps with community outreach, networking, and improving your skills” – Matt