The Software Development Engineer uses in-depth knowledge and experience to oversee the writing and modifying of complex software application programs. This position will create detailed specifications or designs, conduct quality assurance reviews of peer's application programming, and act as a resource for team members with less experience. The Software Development Engineer will code, test, debug, document and maintain software application programs.
- Partner with a multiple vendors to create estimates and delivery plans for projects at a capability level.
- Ensure quality of technology delivery of multiple vendors’ technology solutions for multiple concurrent projects at capability level.
- Provide technology leadership and delivery accountability for solutions for multiple concurrent projects within an application family. (i.e. Claims, C&PS, or CS&DW).
- Serve as SME for components of the team.
- Support activities of senior team members and architects to set direction for new technology components in the ESI environment.
- Provide technical guidance to projects for components of a technology suites.
- Lead efforts to develop standard practices, components, guidelines for use of complex technology components.
- Participate in resolving urgent and high production incidents.
- Participate in action to determine root cause of problems and drive resolution.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Function as team leader with accountability:
• Setting direction to mature the technologyassociated with the team. Key aspect of this is “tech debt” removal when possible.
• Identify and implement process enhancement opportunities associated with supporting the application area.
• Recommend actions to increase ESI and vendor partner knowledge on team.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 5-8years relevant experience or Master’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience; 1-2 years ESI experiencepreferred
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field.
- Ability to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Solutions are innovative, thorough, practical and consistent with organizational objectives.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to lead discussions with all levels of the organization and provide balanced information of an idea or communication of an issue regardless of written or verbal.
- Familiarity with health care or PBM industry.
- Familiar with working in a vendor partner model.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
- Strong mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new tools and applications.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Demonstrated team collaboration experience.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Our Specialty Distribution group offers healthcare providers access to a complete portfolio of specialty pharmaceuticals and ancillary supplies, ensuring patients’ continuity of care. We ship to all 50 states as well as Puerto Rico and Guam, with three distribution centers: a main facility in Grove City, Ohio, and secondary locations in Arizona and Tennessee. Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Id: REQ20008920