The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity in the Mission Frameworks and Analytics group of Space & Missile Systems. The Mission Frameworks and Analytics group develops advanced imaging and geospatial processing technologies for transition into operational settings. The successful candidate will enjoy continuously learning new technologies, applying innovation to tackle the most difficult of technical challenges, and collaborating with a multi-discipline team.
Your duties as an engineer will include (but are not limited to):
- Lead the development, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Leads development of test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Supports software project management and software supplier management functions.
- Selects, tailors and deploys processes and tools; Establishes metrics.
- Performs software research and trade studies.
- Troubleshoots software issues.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active SSBI/Program Access US Security Clearance. (A US Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Python, Java and C/C++ software development experiencerequired in a Linux/Unix environment.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience building applications with AWS Elastic MapReduce, Apache Spark, YARN and/or Mesos.
- Experience with high-performance numerical computing.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.