Tyler Technologies is seeking a Software Engineer to create and modify our ExecuTime application by converting project requirements and specifications into code and will also be responsible for coding, testing, debugging and documenting database applications in both existing and new system models. This highly collaborative team offers the opportunity to leverage your engineering strengths as well as the opportunity to develop new ones.
Little Rock, Arkansas
- Assists in defining system scope and objectives. Interfaces with users and/or customers to identify and develop system requirements taking into account desired results, hardware limitations and operating requirements
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written and/or modified
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents and maintains complex programs and applications
- Prepares system and programming documentation for users and other programmers in accordance with internal and external standards; trains users and programmers as required
- Develops test data, revisions and routines required for program check-out and revision
- Ensures procedures are thoroughly tested before release; writes report of test results
- Detects, defines and debugs programs whenever problems arise
- Participates in fulfilling development requests from existing customers; both core and custom
- Maintains the highest level of customer satisfaction via our product and our services
- BS/BA degree in related field or equivalent experience is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience is required, 5 years preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development practices, computer science theory, and understanding of relevant technologies.
- Experience in a Windows environment
- JAVA skills (Eclipse helpful) and familiarity with Hibernate
- Experience with databases and SQL
- Experience and familiarity with functional and object oriented programming
- Demonstrated ability to write and test code within mandated deadlines and within specified budgetary guidelines is required.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong technical abilities and a desire to learn new things.
- Demonstrated application of computer science theory / design including proper use of data structures and algorithms.
- Understanding of test driven development methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills, teamwork and customer service skills.
- Ability to complete tasks independently and interdependently
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve multiple complex problems.
Requisition Number: 4518469