City: Portland / State: Oregon
At EVRAZ North America, we manufacture engineered steel products for rail, energy and industrial end markets at six production sites located in the USA (Portland, Oregon; Pueblo, Colorado) and Canada (Regina, Saskatchewan; Calgary, Camrose and Red Deer, Alberta). We are the largest North American producer by volume in the rail and large diameter pipe markets, and we hold leading positions in the Western Canada oil country tubular goods, small diameter pipe and West Coast plate markets.
EVRAZ offers competitive wages and benefits along with training, apprenticeships and development programs to help you accomplish your professional objectives. We encourage our employees to continue their education by providing tuition reimbursement and training opportunities. And our open door policy fosters a culture of open communication that allows every employee to have a voice in the company. It’s how the best ideas come to light—and why the best people choose to work at EVRAZ.
Job Description and Responsibilities
EVRAZ North American is looking for a skilled Software Engineer at our Portland, OR location. As Software Engineer you would be joining a highly collaborative team, wherein you would be responsible for the development and maintenance of business and manufacturing software. Our small-shop environment encourages participation in all aspects of requirements, gathering, design, test, and implementation.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain technical solutions that address business needs
- Collaborate with Team members to improve code quality, scalability and standardization
- Learn business processes and partner with end-users
- Solicit and help define user requirements
- Learn and advise users on existing system functionality
- Manage time efficiently to make progress on multiple deliverables with varying priorities and timelines
- Track and provide status updates to Management and provide communication to end-users and team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 2 years related experience
- Java and ‘C’ programming experience
- Unix and Windows environment experience
- Relational databaseexperience
- Strong problem solving, analytical and math skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-initiating and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work off hours to support as required to meet business effectiveness criteria and/or customer requirements
- Familiar with a manufacturing environment, preferred