Esurance helps people make smarter, more efficent choices when it comes to insurance. We offer an online user experience that is setting the industry standard for making isurance easy.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our SF team.
- Implements business projects on time and with high quality
- Follows standard development lifecycle
- Produces artifacts using UML wherever possible
- Writes and comments code to standards, implementing best practices, and ensure others adhere to these standards
- Analyzes requirements for completeness
- Develops design documents based on business requirements
- Works well with team members
- Delivers project plans to Development Manager
- Reports status to Development Manager
- 3+ years development experience in Java and Object Oriented Programming
- 2+ years in Java, JSP, J2EE, SQL, VXML, Web-services environment using Cisco CVP Call Studio
- 2+ years XML, XSL, XML Beans
- Experience integrating Cisco CVP applications with WebServices
- Knowledge of auto or homeowner Insurance industry and data elements (preferred)
- Strong MS SQL Server
- Familiarity with Eclipse, Maven, Subversion
- Familiarity with Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Struts and Web Services
- Familiarity with test driven development
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Strong understanding of software development process
- Focus on teamwork; able to collaborate with Business and QA staff on projects
- Must be able to perform under tight timeframes & execute problem-solving skills
- Good analysis and design skills, yet able to complete projects and tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent communication skills, including documentation: UML experience strongly desired
- Experience / Education:
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent education required, a Master?s degree is preferred.
- 3 or more years of experience in software development required which includes experience with Eclipse & web
Physical Demands and Work Environment: Representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to operate a PC and sit for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.