Creates and communicates technical solutions to address business problems. Works with IT and Business Leadership to promote innovative and integrated solutions across the organization and demonstrates proficiency in all aspects of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) through requirements gathering, project leadership, architecting, developing, testing, modifying and supporting enterprise application systems for internal and external customers as well as vendor partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Holds primary technical responsibility for software development and enhancements as well as system reliability of business critical applications and integration processes
- Acts as the technical lead for projects related to the development of new systems, architecture, applications or technology capabilities in support of business goals
- Works with stakeholders on interpretation/translation of functional requirements into system requirements
- Designs and develops web and mobile applications along with related internal and vendor partner system integrations and services utilizing distributed computing fundamentals and reactive principles as required
- Creates appropriate technical artifacts to support development and operations support within SDLC guidelines and application/architecture diagrams and logic flows
- Writes quality code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project and delivers easy to operate systems by performing unit, system, automated testing, and post deployment validation design. Coordinates user acceptance testing
- Adheres to and drives modern software engineering, by applying Agile and DevOps methodologies with an iterative development approach
- Migrates or transforms legacy solutions to micro services/cloud native
- Implements architecture, solution design, and development of core platform.
- Integrates monitoring, logging and metrics frameworks into every application and platform effort
- Troubleshoots application issues by diagnosing and debugging issues within production systems by performing thorough root cause analysis
- Ensures alignment with corporate standards and strategic technology decisions.
Maintains and improves technology proficiency with evolving technologies to achieve desired technical and business outcomes
- Stays current on technologies, platforms, and relevant certification.
- Provides training and mentoring to other IT staff and business users at all levels of the organization
- Finds ways to spread learning across the organization (gives technical talks, presentations, etc.) and mentors lower level engineers.
- Learns, evaluates, recommends and adapts to new technologies and techniques
- Requires availability for periodic on call responsibilities.
Leads the evaluation, planning and implementation of applications/systems and programming needs for operating departments
- Works closely with IT and Business Area leadership to define and implement IT-wide application and related infrastructure vision and long-term strategy in support of business objectives
- Leads software projects from department-specific to, enterprise-wide and customer- and vendor-facing implementationsEstimates projects including assessing and mitigating risk
- Manages project budgets as well internal and consulting resources for any size projects or software
- Performs project planning, system analysis, software design and coding, testing, documentation, implementation and research activities as necessary for software engineering projects.
- Provides technical leadership and leads proofs of concept through development of valuation matrices through final recommendation, including hands-on execution where needed.
- Develops business case(s) to recommend system solutions and architectures and performs ongoing capacity planning for critical infrastructure
- Leads RFP efforts from gathered business and system requirements
- Develops customized presentations, demonstrations, prototypes, and architecture diagrams to prove a solution's business value to technical and business stakeholders.
- Conducts security architecture design reviews and threat modeling
- Leads the IT application area effort on security audits and compliance reviews.
Ensures all compliance aspects of position are known and followed; understands and complies with all policies, codes and regulations applicable to position and company.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Essential Education, Skills, and Environment
Education and Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school and 1-5 years of related progressive work experience in software development.
Candidates that do not possess a bachelor’s degree must have a minimum of 5-9 years of related work experience with a minimum of 1-5 years of software development experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Experience working with PeopleSoft solutions, preferably Financials/Supply Chain and/or Human Capital Management 9.2
- Extensive experience working with PeopleTools, PeopleCode, Java, Application Designer, Application packages, Application Engine, Component Interface, Integration Broker, Security, Data Mover, Workflow (AWE), and XML Publisher.
- Functional knowledge of modules such as General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Project Costing, Expenses, Purchasing, Inventory, Time and Labor, Payroll, Benefits, Recruiting or Self Service.
- Experience with upgrades using PeopleSoft update manager (PUM)
Demonstrated skills such as:
- Communicate effectively via multiple changes (written and verbal communication skills including composing and delivering executive level presentations) with technical and non- technical staff
- Interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure and with changes in requirements
- Project management with the ability to prioritize and handling multiple tasks and projects concurrently.