Are you a software craftsman looking to join a cohesive, team-oriented group of agile professionals who share your passion for building great software? Excited about an opportunity to support first responders with software used on the front lines of law enforcement, fire rescue and public safety agencies across the United States? Our software helps save lives every day and our teams are passionate about supporting our users.
Tyler Technologies is looking for innovative, talented, passionate Software Engineers to help us build the next generation of industry-leading Public Safety solutions. Our engineers are involved in all aspects of solution creation including analysis, design, coding, testing and support. Ideal candidates will believe in Agile/Lean concepts and have demonstrated success working as part of a self-organizing team.
Work with our integrated solutions that help courts and public safety organizations of all sizes better protect and serve the public. By helping provide solutions that improve efficiency and response time, you can help serve our citizens and make communities safer.
- Develop the next generation of our web application platform using cutting edge Service Oriented Architecture and message-based technologies
- Implement web user interfaces using HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery
- Research the latest web trends and technologies, and make recommendations on how they can be leveraged for future development
- Design, develop and debug scalable platform services
- Develop RESTful web services
- Apply test-driven development practices using JUnit in an Agile setting, including deploying and maintaining automated unit tests and functional tests
- Review designs and code implementations of other Developers
- Ability to excel working in a highly collaborative team environment
- Very good understanding of object oriented programming concepts and SOLID principles
- Familiarity with REST services and ASP.NET Web API
- Understanding of modern techniques such as Responsive Web Design, Dependency Injection and Design Patterns
- Knowledge of various industry standard development practices such as Agile, OOD, TDD, BDD
- Strong knowledge of design and code patterns, specifically toward .NET
- Proficient with tooling to enable SDLC (TFS, Visual Studio, etc.)
- Ability to provide mentorship/guidance to junior Developers on technologies, patterns and practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.