What You'll Do
You're deeply motivated Software Engineer who can make a difference in the team with their out of box thinking and you will be part of world-class Software engineering team that works on various ground-breaking technologies in Enterprise Switches and Routers connecting to Cloud applications. Opportunity to work with leading edge networking technologies in the areas of Virtualization and Container Application Hosting for Fog Computing.
- You are deeply motivated, passionate about learning and contributing to the team and the business with "can do" attitude.
- You have knowledge of virtualization/container technology. (Docker is plus)
- Commitment to Quality: Ability to ensure and commit to a higher standard of quality than usual in the face of time to market pressures.
- You have strong OS fundamentals and networking concepts is necessary.
- You have hands on experience in VM and Container networking configuration.
- Experience in building and maintaining root file systems for Containers is a plus point.
- Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the development of software for our next generation Network operating systems.
- Define, Architect, design, and deliver new software and features for the Enterprise platforms.
- Day to day activities will involve: building new features, understanding features in an ambitious product and proposing solutions that work for our platform, writing functional and design specifications, programming, unit and integration testing your code, helping review specifications and code for other software engineers on the team, and helping documentation team with the configuration aspects of your feature.
Who You'll Work With
The Enterprise Networking Business (ENB) Cisco's largest business group by revenue, profit, and contribution margin of $12 bn+. Enterprise edge products that integrate industry-leading routing, application services, security, and voice/video features with new technologies such as virtualization, 4G mobile data, cloud-based IT applications, DNA, Switching, Routing and WAN. Customers range from small businesses to the world's largest retailers, financial institutions, and IT service providers. Our customers likely include your bank, apparel retailer, grocery store, superstore, and maybe even your favorite coffee shop. Driving innovation and increased customer value has enabled Cisco Enterprise Routing to maintain market share leadership in a high-reaching environment.
- You have 7+ years of Software experience on embedded platforms such as Linux and/or Android
- Strong experience and knowledge in C/C++/Python
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and complexity analysis
- Experience with BlueZ and/or other Bluetooth stacks is helpful eg: TI CC26xx chipsets
- Experience on Bluetooth classic profiles such as HFP/A2DP/MAP/HID and BLE GATT profiles is helpful.
- Bluetooth Software debugging experience with Bluetooth sniffer tools, protocol analyzers
- Experience with Linux Inter-process Communication (IPC) & Multi-threading programming
- Experience with GNU Makefiles, shell scripts
- Experience with version control & continuous integration tools: Git/repo, Gerrit, Jenkins
- Experience with low level software debugging skills using gdb, emulators, JTAG etc
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent technical communication with peers
- BA/BS is required
- MS or higher is preferred