SOFTWARE ENGINEER, ENGINEOverwatch•IrvineApply Now
Members of the Overwatch team are passionate gamers at heart - driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We spend our days collaborating and iterating on everything that goes into the game: from placing health packs to dreaming up the craziest “Play of the Game” animations. Our goal is to always surprise and delight our players. We believe in maximum transparency and communication at the team level and with the people who play our game. This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
Our team is seeking an experienced engine programmer. This position involves workingwith artists, game programmers, and fellow engine programmers to develop and refine the Overwatch engine. The ideal candidate will have a passion for attention to detail and has a broad interest in contributing to diverse areas of development including visuals, iteration times, code quality, performance, and reliability.
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, game programmers and fellow engine programmers to maintain and implement tools and features in the engine.
- Support and improve the live service, including performance measurement and optimization.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience on at least one shipped title
- C++ and object-oriented design skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Passion for systems or graphics programming and algorithms / mathematics (linear algebra, trigonometry)
- Good understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Strong ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical teammates
- Self-motivated and a great teammate willing to pitch in on many areas of development
- Passion for writing clean and performant code