Alpha Technologies Ltd. has an opportunity for a knowledgeable, proactive, Software Developer to develop supervisory, monitoring and control software for our power conversion management systems, at our Vancouver (Burnaby) facility.
As an Software Developer at a fast-paced organization, you will be a key member of a cross-functional team tasked with the responsibility to design and develop reliable and cost effective soluiton for our system controller software for our power conversion products (Rectifiers, AC UPS, Converters, Inverters) from concept to production.
You are a technically strong engineer with superior communication and collaborative skills who thrive in cross functional teams in a positive business culture environment. You will be an integral part of high-performance development teams that successfully introduce new designs into manufacturing on budget and on schedule, and meeting cost targets.
The system controller software runs on embedded controllers with real-time control components, server components and a web-based UI. Development is primarily in C# .NET.
If this resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement computer software for system controllers and other connected devices.
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation.
- Participate in verification and validation testing.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of existing products and processes.
- Implement unit test code and assist in other relevant test automation.
- Work with end users, Product Managers, and QA Analysts to clarify expected behavior of features.
- Troubleshoot and resolve defects.
- Participate in effort and complexity estimation for proposed new features.
- Participate in the development of the department’s strategic goals and direction.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong object-oriented programming skills in a language such as C#.
- Solid engineering experience with supervisory product design and development with embedded microcontrollers.
- Excellent communication and presentation (oral and written) skills in English.
- Ability to collaborate with team and stakeholders to derive options for solutions to problems.
- Strong analysis, problems solving, design, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in C# programming.
- Experience with industrial protocols such as SNMP, Modbus, IEC61850 and CAN-bus communication.
- Experience with digital control interfaces such as SPI, I2C, and UART.
- Experience in electronics hardware / power systems and knowledge of basic electronics theory.
- Familiar with power electronics hardware with embedded microcontrollers.
- Familiar with power conversion process, including signal processing and control algorithms.
- Experience with Visual Studio.
- Experience in multithreading, real-time, or asynchronous programming.
- Familiar with the Agile development process, SCRUM and experience in an R&D environment.
- Experience with Linux.
General Job Requirements
- This position will work in an office setting, expect minimal physical demands.