The Tesla Energy team plays a mission critical role here at Tesla. Our mission is to build and deploy the software that will support next generation smart grids leveraging our distributed solar and battery power fleets. As a member of the Site ReliabilityEngineering team you will build services, infrastructure, and processes to help deliver great products with unmatched reliability & agility as our team drives the worldwide transition to sustainable distributed energy. We provide the tools to keep the Energy fleet running so that Tesla can provide groundbreaking services such as systems aggregation, asset control, optimized dispatch, and wholesale market participation.
As a software engineer on the Site ReliabilityEngineering team, you will be tasked with getting our services up and running while delivering on high visibility into the way our systems our operating. You will achieve this using technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Jenkins, & Terraform. In addition you will work withother engineers on the Site ReliabilityEngineering team to build and write new supervisory software to further automate our infrastructure as we scale. This role is primarily a software engineering role with an emphasis on Site ReliabilityEngineering, but will also include some operational tasks like setting up build & ci/cd pipelines.
- Design and write supervisory software to ensure excellent reliability for software managing energy storage systems
- Automate the build and deployment of infrastructure using Docker, Kubernetes, & other orchestration technologies
- Setup & maintain monitoring, metrics, & reporting systems for our micro-service based architecture
- Setup & maintain Jenkins/Drone pipelines for application continuous integration / continuous deployment
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- 1+ years Software EngineeringExperience
- 1+ years of Site Reliability or DevOps experience a plus
- Experience with Linux systems
- Experience with Docker & Container Orchestration such as Kubernetes, Swarm, or Mesosphere a plus
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers a plus
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, Chef or other automation tools a plus