Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Description Provides functional analysis related to design, development, and implementation of software systems for organization’s products, including, but not limited to utility software, development software, and diagnostic software. Participates in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems.
- Writes software requirements, detailed design documents, develops and performs unit testing of real-time embedded or application software.
- Prepares and reviews documentation for users, operations, and systems areas, and presents to Technical writers for finalization and publishing
- Scopes and evaluates potential product applications to define magnitude and determine feasibility.
- Attends professional engineering conferences as required.
- Prepares reports and other expository data in connection with overall progress.
- Analyzes and provides resolution to product software defects.
- Provides internal support including training, assisting with technical support, supporting technical documentation, supporting test teams, and supporting manufacturing.
Must be able to travel on occasion.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science or technical equivalent and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following, C, C++, Visual Basic, MFC, Microsoft .Net, Microsoft Operating Systems, Linux preferred.
- Knowledge of embedded, real time firmware development or PC software development is a plus.