Software Engineer - embedded syste
DISTek serves as a trusted engineering partner, working with customers by assisting in the development of specialized compact and efficient embedded systems. ECUs, electro-hydraulic controls, vehicle networks, and operator interfaces and displays are just some of the projects you will enjoy. Our engineers also help our customers scale and grow over time by providing support, training, and on-site engineering services. We provide a high-tech, challenging, and productive work environment while still retaining a small business atmosphere. DISTek is a company that upholds family values and common sense - two things that we believe will always carry us through the exciting challenges and opportunities we face. If you are motivated by the challenge to develop unique technology, seek a continuous learning environment, and are willing to enthusiastically contribute to our ongoing success, then please read on.
As our Software Engineer, you will be located in Fargo, ND. Your primary mission will be to architect, design, implement, and test the real time software that controls features found on both large and small off road vehicles. Your demonstrated knowledge and experience in systems and software product development, including C and C++ will be vital to your success. If you have specific experience developing applications for automated engine controls, then you will feel right at home. Because you are a fast learner with the ability to work independently (as well as part of a small team of software, electrical, and system engineers), you feel comfortable in a role where you are expected to think out of the box and devise innovative solutions to complex control problems. Also, because you have strong communications skills, you have no problem providing local and remote technical support to engineering, manufacturing, operations, and service organizations. In exchange for your technical prowess you will be rewarded with challenging and high-impact projects that will pioneer new generations of large and small off road vehicles.
- Proven experience developing event driven applications.
- Knowledge of C++/object oriented programming.
- Experience developing within a Linux OS.
- Experience with automated testing – test driven development.
- Experience with model based development (MATLAB/Simulink)
- Knowledge of CAN
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Engineering experience including: Software Architecture, Embedded Software Development, Model Based Software Design
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science