The Core OS software team is looking for an exceptionally talented SW engineer for the Embedded Debug Tools team. Apple uses it’s own internally developed SWD/JTAG solution and SW tools for all iOS product debugging; working on this core technology you will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the success of Apple's iOS based products. You will be working on developing this debug tool and making it a world class debugger.
- Knowledge of ARM's DAP architecture
- Experience with SWD/JTAG and other debuggers
- Proficient in Python and C/C++
- Experience with LLDB and/or GDB
- Experience developing debug tools
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
Systems level SW development (Daemons, Networking, Multi-threading) of Apple’s debugger Debugging and solving problems from SW down to HW and SoC Work with cross-functional teams to support product requirements for Apple’s SWD/JTAG HW and SW debug tools
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills
Additional Success Factors: Mac OS X exposure (end user, administrator, developer) Experience with operating system kernels (MacOS X, Linux, BSD, UNIX, Windows) Experience with common embedded SOC architectures Knowledge of ARM's DAP architecture Ability to understand board schematics Experience with socket based network programming.