BASIC FUNCTIONS: This position performs moderately difficult research, design, and software development assignments within a specific software functional area or product line. The position should have the ability to work on individual pieces of work and solve problems including the design of the program flow of individual pieces of code, effective coding, and unit testing.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand moderately complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Designing distributed microservices using Akka's actor model
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolve technical issues as necessary.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- Complete bug fixes.
- 3+ years of Scala Software Engineering experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Understanding of data modeling principles and database best practices.
- Proficiency in development languages including but not limited to: Python, Java, TypeScript, NodeJS, HTML, XML, SQL, Windows and AKKA.
- Familiarity of industry best practices — web security, test-driven development, code coverage, etc.
- Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
- Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies.
- Ability to complete moderately complex bug fixes.
- Good oral and written communications skills.