CPC Strategy (now part of Elite SEM) is looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing Tech team! Our team builds analytics, automation and optimization products to help our team deliver best-in-class results for ourclients. Our ideal candidate loves solving complex problems in a creative way and has experience optimizing and tuning databases in production cloud environments, especially in Amazon Web Services.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, like working with a team of talented people & are an out of the box thinker, we want to meet you!
- Optimize and fine tune MySQL databases and queries
- Monitor capacity and performance
- Collaborate with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts to develop new and innovative analytics and optimization products
- Work with team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Design and develop distributed components of our internal analytics and advertising systems
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Brainstorm with product management and partner teams about new ideas, technical design and project plans
- Action-Oriented: Enjoys working hard, full of energy for new challenges, seizes opportunity.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Strong functional and technical knowledge and skills
- Drive for Results: Exceeds goals successfully, constantly & consistently a top performer and pushes themselves.
- Problem Solving: Uses Rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong proficiency with MySQL, AWS Aurora MySQL,
- Expertise in backup and recovery and migration
- Strong knowledge of redundancy strategies for large-scale databases including replication, failover clustering, log shipping, and mirroring
- Knowledge of configuration, architecture, database management, troubleshooting, performance tuning, data modeling, maintenance, upgrades, disaster recovery plans, migrations, and security
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++ or Python
- 1-3 years of experience in distributed technologies, object-oriented design & programming methodologies and data storage (relational, key-value)
- Proven ability to solve complex problems and deal with ambiguous requirements
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to work in a team