We're looking for a versatile engineer to develop 24x7 distributed systems and services for automated energy efficiency. The successful candidate will contribute at all levels, designing product, implementing production code, coordinating with other engineers, and monitoring daily operation.
This role is a unique opportunity to learn and grow, working closely with a senior architect with broad expertise in scaling, high-availability, and system design. You will work collaboratively to fix, enhance, and re-factor a complex code base with more than 1M lines of code, serving a large installed base in Production. Communication skills to align the team and avoid dropped balls are essential. This is not what you learned in school, not what you did at startups with no customers, and not what stodgy Enterprise/IT shops do.
- 5+ years of experience with professional Java development. If you are fresh out of school without serious industrial coding experience, this position is not a fit.
- Solid CS and SW Eng fundamentals: algorithms, complexity, multi-threading, SQL, Linux, TCP/IP
- An obsession to learn about building large-scale, distributed, production SaaS applications
- A business-first attitude to make our customers successful
- Meticulous, detail-oriented habits to meet stringent SLAs
- Excellent understanding of Agile development/QA/release process for complex use cases
- Rapid troubleshooting of issues and monitoring production deployments
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Competitive compensation.and benefits
- Side projects or Open Source contributions a plus.