The eBay Marketing Tech CRM team is looking for a strong server side engineer with a passion for providing innovative and scalable solutions for business applications. He/she will focus on building infrastructure and middle tier services and support mobile app teams leveraging platform services. Write server-side code (services) for mobile & web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly. One should also have a strong understanding of, and practical experience with, Java web application development.
- Build our platforms and systems infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems, network system design, and large scale database systems.
- Research, analyze, design, develop and test the solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews and project related team meetings.
- Work with other engineers, Architecture, Product Management, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to development principles and quality goals.
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges.
- 7+ years of hands-on product development experience in Java, SOA services, XML and Web technologies after BSCS or MSCS or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience in Database driven application development (Oracle, NoSQL – Mongo, Cassandra, Couchbase), SQL and schema design.
- Experience in web front end UI development such as JSPs in J2EE environments.
- Experience in building a live e-commerce product that has scaled to large number of users is a plus.
- Knowledge of Windows and UNIX development environment and associated tools like source code management, bug tracking etc.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Extensive programming experience in Java.
- Experience in other languages such as Scala, Node.js etc. is a plus.
- Quality champion with a commitment to writing code and tests to maintain high quality.
- Strong software design, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.