More about the team:
The Innovation Programs team is a part of eBay's Core Product and Technology Business Operations organization and aims at mentoring and empowering employees to take their innovative ideas from inception through to delivery. Together we mentor eBay's thousands of inventors, working with and coaching them to define, ideate, prototype, and execute upon their ideas. Each year, through a series of events, resources, and partnerships, eBay's Innovation Programs produces over 300 working prototypes which increasingly help shape our roadmap.
General Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years of software engineering experience or Master's Degree with 2+ years of experience
- A passion for innovation, collaboration, and problem solving
- Experience implementing large scale, distributed, highly available and secure, and fault-tolerant systems
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Willing to learn and adopt a team's methodologies and engineering practices
- Experience working with the Spring/Spring Boot, and Node.js application frameworks
- Experience working with NoSQL database systems. Experience with Elasticsearch is a plus.
- Understanding of API design, RESTful principles, and design patterns
- Experience with Maven/Jenkins, CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience in multi-threaded and concurrency programming: deadlock, starvation, thread allocation, thread safety, concurrency design patterns.