The Boeing Company's Virtual Warfare Center (VWC)-St. Louis is seeking a creative and highly-motivated Entry Level Software Engineer to develop autonomous and artificially intelligent models within real-time simulation software for the Strategy division of Phantom Works. The position involves contributing to a team of developers to enhance multiple simulation frameworks, graphical applications, and operator interfaces.
This position requires an understanding of discrete-event and frame-based simulations. The ideal candidate will have experience and interest in machine learning, optimization, autonomous planning and scheduling, knowledge representation, and military simulations.
• Developing new modeling and simulation tools to support analysis community
• Maintaining existing real-time and faster than real-time tools with enhancements as needed per VWC customers/partners
•Investigating and learning about other Boeing projects and customer needs to find ways to automate their systems using artificial intelligence and autonomy techniques.
• Providing support to VWC software end-users
• Working directly with customers and end-users to create software designs, documentation, and requirements
• Supporting the VWC software team in performing peer reviews, software tests, and software deployment
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
• 2+ Year Experience in Creating Artificially Intelligent or Autonomous Systems
• 2+ Year Object Oriented Development Experience (C,C++,Python, etc)
• Modeling and Simulation Experience with focus in multi-agent algorithms
• Cross Platform Development (Windows and Linux experience preferable)
• General knowledge of algorithms applicable to spatial navigation, optimization, swarming, data fusion, decision planning, or perception
• Experience with version control systems such as Git or Subversion
• Professional research or publications preferred
• Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.