The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) Bomber Aircraft Sustainment Programs is seeking a Software Engineer to support the Avionics Software product development activities throughout the aircraft modification lifecycle.
The Aircraft Platform Software Team is responsible for the software architecture and design modifications of the following system components:
- Flight Management
- Test Modes, Monitoring and Reporting
- Mission Management
- Operator Controls and Displays
- Sensor Management
- Communication Systems
- Weapon Management
Responsibilities for this position include working with an engineering team to develop software products through all phases (requirements, design, development, and integration/test).
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Secret clearance
- Rationale DOORs, Clearcase, and Clearquest
- Experience with the software estimating process
- Experience with export controls
- Minimum of 2+ years working on large complex development system/activities
- Technical leadership of complex Software Architectures
- Experience with DO-178B assurance levels and/or Agile Software methods
- Ada, C, C++, and C# and scripting programming languages
- Unix and Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with Real-Time POSIX Operating Systems (VxWorks, Integrity, etc.)
Typical Education & Experience:
Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.