A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
With the rapid growth of Grand Theft Auto Online, Red Dead Online and other long-term Social Club plans, Rockstar is looking to add to our team of top-end .NET Backend Developers. The successful candidate will be working on bleeding edge technology with an internationally established team, and must possess great attention to detail, be a strong team player, and have excellent communication skills.
We are looking for someone who is not afraid of new challenges and wants to work on a team who are focused on redefining what an online gaming experience can be.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Security Team creates online services for our games, including matchmaking, cloud saves, player stats, leaderboards, authentication, anti-cheat, entitlements and more.
- We create connected experiences that are found across our game franchises.
- We create innovative in-game experiences, including user-generated content.
- We build systems and tools to ensure a fair and balanced player experience.
- We ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our player data.
- Develop high volume, highly scalable server-side features utilizing Windows Server, SQL server, IIS, .NET, and C#.
- Develop web services supporting game console clients, browser clients, and external server clients.
- Develop highly reliable distributed server systems that aim to protect the integrity of our player experiences.
- Ensure security is being factored into each step of the software development process for various systems.
- Collaboration with other Rockstar technology teams across our worldwide studios.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience developing enterprise level applications.
- Possess versatility and willingness to regularly tackle new challenges.
- Passion for security methodologies and a desire to remain up to date with emerging threats and security solutions.
- Expert in C#
- Direct experience coding networking systems and solving networking problems.
- Experience with source control, preferably Perforce.
- Knowledge of Agile software development processes.
- Knowledge of secure software development methodologies.
- Knowledge and application of web security best practices.
- Experience implementing core cryptography concepts.
- Experience peer reviewing code for security flaws and vulnerabilities.
- Passion for games for playing and making video games!
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience building online gaming systems, authentication and user management systems, commerce systems, social networking systems.
- At least one shipped console or PC title; preferably on the Xbox and/or PlayStation consoles.
- Familiarity with networking systems and their components including DNS, NAT, firewalls, security methods, peer-to-peer and client server models.
- Experience with online game service APIs, particularly Xbox Live, Sony NP, and Games for Windows Live.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.