$80K — $100K *
ATP is a global information services and software company that exists to make flying safer and more reliable. Our products help reduce operating costs, improve aircraft reliability, and support technical knowledge sharing and collaboration within the general, business, and commercial aviation, as well as military/defense and OEM industries.
Reporting to a Flightdocs Team Lead out of the Bonita Springs office, a Software Engineer will solve business problems by analyzing needs, designing solutions, and ultimately writing code. You will be responsible for delivering enhancements, fixes, and features in collaboration with a team of Engineers and Quality Assurance Analysts.
What You’ll Accomplish – Your Performance Objectives
In your first 30 days:
· Check out Flightdocs repositories and configure your local web and API development environment by following established guides and tutorials compiled by the engineers
· Develop a basic understanding of Flightdocs systems by receiving a demo of our products while working with the engineers who know them best
· Submit your first .Net Core or Xamarin based merge request to a Flightdocs git repository and participate in the peer review process established by the engineering team
In your first 3 months:
· Resolve defects in .NET Framework and .NET Core using C#, Entity Framework, or SQL Server across the systems by working with our Quality Assurance team to ensure the solutions meet our code quality standards
· Develop new unit tests for your C# solutions to further ensure code quality through unit test automation
· Collaborate with the engineering team to solve technical and business problems
In your first 6 months:
· Establish responsibility for entire lifecycle of C# code: development, test, production and subsequent fixes and improvements
· Perform code review of peer’s code according to best practices established and iterated upon by the engineering team
· Work with the product and engineering teams to understand how business requirements translate to technical solutions
In your first 12 months:
· Create improvements to the web development experience at ATP by enhancing development tools, test coverage, and code structure
· Take leadership of a production deployment
Who We’re Looking For – The Personal Competencies That Matter
Collaborative: You have empathy for your colleagues and customers. You demonstrate cross-functional collaboration within the engineering team and seek out opportunities to build relationships with others throughout the company. You understand we are all on the same team working towards the same goals.
Intellectually Curious: You have a strong level of curiosity and care about learning. You understand that learning is a continuous part of being a Software Engineer and are always looking for ways to sharpen and/or broaden your skillset.
Flexibility: You understand that priorities and requirements will evolve, and you may have to be flexible in your approach and in your expectations. You are open-minded and adapt well to changing environments as a company grows and scales. You aren’t afraid to step outside your comfort zone and take initiative to help the team succeed.
Technical Skills: You are focused on Angular, HTML, CSS, and other web technologies. You have at least some experience with .NET development, but preferably you are comfortable with occasional .NET development. You have a basic understanding of unit testing.
How We Work – The Core Values That Define Our Culture
We are at our best when we:
- are selfless team players. We work together to achieve our goals and we put the team ahead of ourselves.
- are driven to exceed. We take pride in our work and in exceeding expectations.
- find a better way. By seeking to understand the challenge, we work to improve the process and solution.
- are simplifiers, not complicators. We focus on solutions and not obstacles. We take action and ownership. We gather the right people in the room and drive to a solution.
Valid through: 3/12/2021