Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Software Engineer for our Cheyenne, WY or Superior, CO office.
Our team works closely with engineering and technical broadcast teams to learn their business, and with that knowledge, we create or enhance software systems that empower those teams. The software we provide is focused on the real-time monitoring of over 6000 TV channels and the systems involved in producing and delivering a DVB television service. As a teammate on our agile software team, you will participate in the design, creation, and support of these systems.
Examples of our systems include:
- The validation of 600 MPEG transport streams, including bit rate, CC errors, and other content issues.
- The remote monitoring of the RF satellite transports.
- The acquisition of our broadcast TV channels and its transport to remote monitoring centers.
- The tracking of outages and issues that occur on our broadcast channels.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful software engineer will have the following:
- Bachelors or Masters degree, preferably in computer science, computer engineering or other technical (STEM) field, or equivalent amount of education and experience.
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to take on difficult engineering challenges.
- At least 6 months of experience in software development using Java, C#, Erlang or other related languages. (including academic experience)
- Two or more years of experience in software development using Java, C#, Erlang or other related languages.
- Experience building scalable software in a distributed, service oriented architecture.
- The ability and discipline to write clean and highly performant code.
- The ability to participate in design discussions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work with minimal direction and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- The ability to keep abreast of technologies and paradigms and recognize when they can benefit the business and the software team.
- The ability to learn and work with various languages and platforms as needed.
- Understanding of distributed software systems, asynchronous messaging, and RESTful Web Services.
- Working knowledge of digital broadcasting technologies like DVB, MPEG2 or MPEG4.
- Familiarity with the agile software development methodology