Direct Supply is looking for a talented and passionate Software Engineer with the ability to develop solutions using C#, ASP.net, SQL, AWS for efficiency and quality. This role will focus on developing customer-driven product enhancements to our web based products, mobile applications and/or server based transaction systems. In this position, you will author programming tasks, design for testability, debug code and be responsible for creating and maintaining automated tests.
Direct Supply is the nation’s leading supplier of equipment, services and eCommerce systems to the Senior Living profession. Since 1985, we have assembled one of the brightest, hardest-working teams in America. Our high-tech culture is fast paced, and our business continues to grow at an astounding rate year after year. Best of all, we are a Milwaukee-based, 100% employee-owned company that offers great opportunities for ambitious, motivated people.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop software solutions that meet defined usability, maintainability, scalability and reliability requirements. Solutions must drive efficiency and meet quality standards.
- Take ownership of assigned work, monitor and maintain the health of solutions generated. Increase operating efficiency and adapt to new requirements.
- Author small and well-defined programming tasks.
- Code, test and debug programs as outlined by a system’s technical and functional requirements.
- Create and maintain automated testing and document testing procedures.
- Provide task breakdowns, identify dependencies and provide effort estimates.
- Identify software issues and communicate problems with team.
- Assist in preparation of functional and technical documentation to provide guidance to end users and support trouble shooting.
- Take guidance from peers and senior members and offer constructive ideas to software development solutions through sharing of discoveries and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
- 1-4 years of experience coding in C# and working in the SQL database environment
- Demonstrated understanding of proven design principles and code practices
- Knowledge and understanding of RESTful APIs
- Experienced in automated testing frameworks
- Experience working in a Microsoft Environment using Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in a team environment using frameworks like SCRUM & Agile to deliver on customer commitments
Additional Preferred Skills:
- AWS/cloud experience
- Knowledgeable in Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) / Build automation practices
- Mobile Development
- Peer Relationships
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Priority Setting
- Personal Learning
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving