About the Opportunity
DMI is seeking a full time Software Engineer to support our defense programs.The Software Programmer designs and develops systems-level software and provides systems support by performing the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities consist of but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzes the performance of hardware and software interfaces and identifies alternatives for optimizing the usage of computer resources.
- Applies generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Participates in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting operating systems and software.
- Test, debug, and refine the computer software to produce the required product.
- Provides assistance and routine consultation to users in the development of operating systems and software.
- Plans and executes software version upgrade releases and custom interfaces.
- Support analysis efforts for subsuming an application, as applicable.
- Financial data from standard Air Force systems will also be incorporated into this structure.
- Must be capable of subsequently migrating all systems to server platforms and operating systems as required.
- Must perform other duties as assigned at the discretion of management
Must demonstrate ethics, responsibility, confidentiality, professionalism, punctuality and consistent dependability, organizational skills, and work effectively as part of a team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty assigned thoroughly and independently, without supervision on short term projects. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and featured priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using approved languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures used in software and systems development.
- Must be able to integrate and provide interfaces between standard systems, AFRC unique financial systems, and other service systems as required. These vary between several programming languages, and hardware and software platform environments that include web-based systems. Financial data from standard Air Force systems will also be incorporated into this structure.
- Professional certification(s) desired.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in computer science or 2+ years’ experience in web and software development
- Ability to work independently and multitask effectively
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess or be able to obtain a minimum of a NAC Security Clearance and Current driver’s license:
- Professional certification(s) desired.
- Language Skills: Must possess an excellent understanding of technical issues, ability to communicate verbally and in written form effectively, and the ability to work within U.S. Government contractual realm. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively before groups of customers at all levels and/or employees of the organization. Excellent telephone skills are required.
- Mathematical Skills: Successfully perform basic mathematical functions as required in a business and/or engineering setting.
- Reasoning Ability: Demonstrate and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form. Possess problem solving and analytical skills, and the capability to prioritize daily work schedule in keeping with productivity standards.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, the individual should have high degree of technical knowledge regarding computers, various software languages/programs, databases, and general office equipment.
Min. Citizenship Status Required : US Citizen Only
Physical Requirement(s): The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Location: Robins Air Force Base