Every engineer on our global Engineering team is given the opportunity to take ownership of a large portion of the product where they’re able to see immediate results. Combining natural language processing and artificial intelligence with world-class cloud computing, the things you’ll create at Dialpad will shape the future of work—enabling companies to work from anywhere and making business communication more human. We value data, experimentations, and a drive for impact, come join us!
The Product Engineering, Growth team is focused on the User Lifecycle and how core features are discovered by the users that deliver impact. You often ask questions about a stickiness of a product feature and how users find them. Or how Core Product Features are more accessible to the user by focusing on the health of a user lifecycle, leveraging data, and user feedback to ensure optimal adoption and usage.
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days:
- Set up your development environment
- Get to know and feel comfortable in a highly communicative and collaborative team
- Complete engineering onboarding
- Learn how the Growth team’s key areas of focus tie into the product. Our focus areas are:
- Getting/keeping new users by reducing entry friction and making our value obvious
- Minimizing churn by keeping our users happy and supported
- Minimizing and mitigating fraudulent or exploitative activities
- Implementing and reviewing internal analytics to keep our direction focused on what users want
- Add a new analytics event and track it over time in amplitude to measure the impact of a feature
- Feel comfortable sharing your input during brainstorms on how we can push our team and the product forward
- Give internal team demos at progress milestones during a project
In your first 60 days:
- Implement an A/B test, analyze the results, and decide on the winner
- Be able to anticipate and mitigate fraud risks by proactively implementing detection metrics
- Begin giving estimates on technical resources and requirements necessary to plan and begin projects
- Give larger scale internal demos on new features that you have completed and explain how they fit into the bigger picture.
- Participate in stability based projects that address team technical debt
By 90 days:
- Feel comfortable interfacing with 3rd parties or business partners to facilitate integrations into our flows.
- Develop expertise in nuances inherent in specific signup flows such as self service, sales assisted and international.
- Be confident enough in your knowledge of our code styles to contribute beyond your own projects through peer code reviews
- Contribute thoughts and new ideas on what the focus should be for upcoming stability/tech debt work
- Continue contributing to fun projects meant to delight users!