Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We're here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we're there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
Donnelley Financial Solutions (NYSE: DFIN) is seeking a Software Engineer to help evolve our Venue Virtual Data Room flagship product into fault tolerant, highly available, autonomously scalable, and performant microservices in Azure. If you are interested in solving secure data storage and access, search, or analytics problems at scale and working on a team that cares about you and your personal development, this role might be the perfect fit.
- Take ownership of complex distributed systems problems and provide solutions
- Design object oriented software using best practice software engineering including separation of concerns, high cohesion, low coupling, abstraction, encapsulation and information hiding, interfaces, and dependency injection
- Implement object oriented software using defensive programming and exception handling, design patterns and object oriented programming (OOP) principles like SOLID
- Test software with traceability back to requirements using autonomous test frameworks and Continuous Integration
- Follow agile software development processes and practices
- Help specify and clarify non-functional software requirements to determine design and implementation feasibility within time and cost constraints
- Estimate and be accountable to software deliverable timelines
- At least 1 year of professional software engineering experience applying best practice software engineering including separation of concerns, high cohesion, low coupling, modularization, encapsulation and information hiding, interfaces, and dependency injection
- At least 1 year of professional software engineering experience applying object oriented programming (OOP) principles such as SOLID
- Experience in C# / .NET, git, and unit testing - you have written unit tests
- Proven experience delivering solutions for complex problems
- Proven experience setting and meeting software deliverable deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills Software Engineer
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Math, or Computer/Electrical Engineering