At Genesys, we’ve built one of the best cloud-based Customer Experience (CX) service offerings ever. In doing so we’ve also built one of the strongest cloud DevOps practices you’ll find. We have 3500+ AWS EC2 instances across 5 environments globally and we push out dozens of product builds per day. To do that requires a top-notch CI/CD pipeline tool set so we use the best open-source tools along with some special sauce – and of course we automate everything. We’re looking for talented, self-directed and motivated DevOps engineers to join our team.
- Work on the cutting edge of a wide range of innovative cloud CI/CD pipeline tools that orchestrate, deploy, manage, scale, optimize and oversee a micro-services based enterprise application, deployed completely in the Cloud.
- Responsible for supporting service teams operating in a microservices architecture.
- Bullet proof systems by subjecting everything to crash resilience tools like Chaos Monkey.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and manage production, testing and development environments.
- Build and maintain highly scalable, large scale deployments in AWS, globally.
- Recommend new technologies as components of a solution when appropriate.
- Take ownership of features beginning to end: from design documents and reviews to acceptance testing and deployment.
- Rotating 24/7 on-call support - along with the service owners.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or closely related field.
- 5 years of progressive work experience.
- Strong understanding of Linux, AWS and networking fundamentals.
- Strong diagnostic, troubleshooting and fault resolution skills.
- Object-oriented programming experience, for example in Python or Java.
- Ability to rapidly learn new software, frameworks, open source tools and development languages.
- Strong knowledge of large-scale internet service architecture.
- Detail oriented and systematic.
- Experience with AWS Cloud technologies such as EC2, IAM, DynamoDB, SQS, ASGs, VPCs, Route 53, CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience with performance, scalability, and reliability issues of 24x7 commercial services.
- Experience with technologies like the following: Zookeeper, Kafka, Docker, Redis, Elasticsearch, Hadoop.
- You know and love continuous integration (Drone, Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo) and understand its benefits, workflows, etc.
- Experience with REST-style web services / APIs.
- The best engineers are 10 times as productive as the worst engineers. You are a 10x engineer, a pro-active problem solver, and 100% self-motivated.
- You can context-switch between multiple projects / codebases / concepts with ease.
- Understand software development at a fundamental level, use the best tools for the job, and always think about the future (at scale) when architecting solutions.
- Experience working with open source projects, ideally with a history of contributions.
- You understand the fundamentals and importance of code, quality, and performance metrics.