The Connectors team creates software that integrates BIG-IP devices into PaaS and IaaS environments such as Kubernetes or OpenStack. We are passionate about using Agile development and DevOps principles to enable modern, best practices for delivering solutions.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will play a key role in lab operations to support the development teams. You will be part of an agile team responsible for researching, deploying and maintaining hardware and software production services in an engineering lab. Where necessary, you are comfortable wearing a developer hat to create a solution. You are passionate about automation in support of a CI/CD pipeline.
What You Will Do
· Work with multiple teams to design solutions that provide the foundation for product development and test;
· Work on a scrum team to build and maintain solutions;
· Create and integrate the tools necessary to provide and improve development and test automation, monitoring and troubleshooting;
· Build operational reports for lab solutions to identify areas of improvement;
· Research new technology areas, innovations and ideas;
· Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
What You Know
· Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and Travis CI;
· Experience automating production environments for development and testing;
· Deep understanding of networktechnologies;
· Experience with software configuration management systems such as Ansible;
· Experience with PaaS and IaaS technologies;
· Experience with virtualization and/or containerization (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.);
· Familiarity with Unix/Linux systems including CLI;
· Strong analytic/troubleshooting skills;
· Ability to collaborate and thrive in fast-paced, high-performance environment.
· Exposure to and understanding of consuming or developing REST APIs, Microservices;
· Familiarity with Agile methodologies and experience working in a scrum team;
· Experience mentoring and educating others
· A minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 2 years experience; or equivalent experience.