$150K — $200K *
Responsible for developing new platforms and platform capabilities for Next Generation Switching Platforms for Cisco, a market leader in switching products and technologies.
- Work closely with developers and product management teams at various stages such as product starting from idea conceptualization till delivering it to customer
- Extremely motivated engineer and passionate about learning and contributing to the team and the business with "can do" attitude
- Develop large scale systems that run complex code in high bandwidth environments and responsible for whole product cycle.
- Strong communication skills, teamwork and a confirmed ability to handle challenging high priority tasks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects in components that range from kernel modules to applications
- Work closely with a cross functional team and drive/collaborate with other technical leaders/software engineers on system/functional design and architecture of new features
- Write specification documents
- Review and sign off on requirements documents
- Dedication to Quality: Ability to ensure and commit to a higher standard of quality than usual in the face of time to market pressures
Who You Are:
- BSEE/ MSEE/CS with 8 to 11 years of experience in a software development position.
- Solid knowledge of CPU architectures
- Experienced with board Bring-up, writing and debugging device drivers
- Fluency in day-to-day Development & Designing (Architectural designing)
- Deep understanding of Linux and network resource management
- Experience with CPU/Memory Management/IO
- Strong OS fundamentals, data-path
- Solid networking (TCP/IP, Layer 2) knowledge
- Strong Programming skills in C/C++, Python, and shell scripts.
- Strong problem solving skills and debugging the failures to root cause
- Should have a solid understanding of SW quality and processes.
* Ability to understand and drive system level architecture, design & debugging.
* Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to manage competing high priority tasks.
* Ability to interface and collaborate directly with various stake holders, business partners, and vendors
* Dedication to Customer Success: Reproduction and debugging of customer issues, handling of field queries.
* Develop functional specifications, assessing task requirements and scheduling, and participating in development, debug and support
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills, Teamwork and interpersonal skills.
* Deep C programming language knowledge that allows understanding of kernel and driver level code.
* Good understand open source development methodology and practice
- Experience with platform infrastructure bringup - Bootloader, Ethernet device driver, Traffic flow - Data path.
* Expertise in OS internals and Device Driver development on Embedded Systems and OS like IOS, Linux.
- Experience with peripheral interfaces (USB, I2C, SPI, high-speed serial I/F's)
- Cisco product and IOS-XE is helpful.
* Understanding of various h/w architecture (*PCI, PCIe, DMA, I2C, SPI, etc.).
* Experience in product life cycle and tools and and should been involved in end-to-end product or linecard development lifecycle
* Hands on experience with NPU, ASIC, FPGAs with focus on Routing/Switching platforms.
* Low level programming (interaction with hardware) using C language in multi-threaded, multi-processor, highly-available systems
Valid through: 3/18/2021