Senior Software Engineer/Developer collaborates with a multi-faceted team building unique solutions with cutting edge technologies. The incumbebent will prototype, design, develop and integrate solutions to hard problems. Senior Software Engineer/Developer executes and demonstrates knowledge in all aspects of the software engineering life cycle including scope and work estimation, design, documentation, implementation, testing and integration.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: 100%.
- Participate in the full software development life-cycle.
- Develop software systems, including the design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug software programs for software enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products.
- Use software tools and scripting languages to design, develop and maintain on-premises and cloud infrastructure and platforms.
- Employ an Agile development approach using tools such as target process and TFS to track stories and collect metrics.
- Identify software and hardware dependencies and capacities
- Design and develop including conduct automated testing and automated deployment of software modules
- Champion and implement advanced software development practices;
- Design, develop and document modular, readable, and maintainable solutions to hard problems
- Determine and communicate system requirements and capabilities in furtherance of the customers mission
- Interact with other developers, architects, and technical team leads to rapidly learn a complex operational system, its subsystems, and components to positively contribute to development;
- Recommend and lead changes to development and systems integration that will increase efficiency and development effectiveness.
- Research and integrate new technologies into the Clients development and production systems.
- May Serve as technical lead for small projects and mentor other software engineers and developers.
- Develop software in a Windows environment with very limited development in Linux utilizing Client authorized software such as Virtual machine, Cygwin, Cooperative Linux, Ubuntu via Wubi including Client authorized ported and compiled programs
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Desk computer.
- U.S. Government leased, owned, and rented vehicles.
- Valid, current U.S. Passport
- Valid, current U.S. Drivers License
- Work in an operationally-sensitive environment
- Operate standard office equipment, such as a computer, copy machine and printer.
- Function in an office environment in a stationary position approximately 50 percent of the time or more.
- Work well in team environments including demonstrate the ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Develop and build relationships with the Clients counterparts within the parent organization as well as with external organizations facilitating the coordination of various software engineering and developer projects.
- Walking and standing with occasional lifting of office supplies, perhaps some office computer equipment.
Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related field; if no degree, 12+ years of experience in software engineering/developing
Must have Valid U.S. Drivers and be able to obtain an International Drivers License
- Must have a valid US Passport
Must have an current, adjudicated, and active TS-SCI w/Poly
- Eight plus (8+)years experience working in software engineering, applications development and/or web application development and deployment
- Experience with Linux(CentOS) WMware, Apache (middleware) and performing Linus systems administration
- Must have programming experience in C, C++, and C#
- Experience with Windows system administration
- Experience with firewalls and with network connectivity
- Must have Mobile App experience
- Must have hands on Splunk/Linux Admin knowledge
- Candidate must also be familiar with sound software engineering principles and methodologies
- Knowledge of developing in a Windows operating environment
- Some experience with Agile development
- Proven experience in solving challenging technical problems.
- Experience using Jira (Desired)
- Extensive understanding of both Type-1 and Type-2 encryption, including virtual private networks (VPNs) from both an engineering and implementation perspectives.