Dentsply Sirona is the world’s largest manufacturer of professional dental products and technologies, with a 130-year history of innovation and service to the dental industry and patients worldwide.
Dentsply Sirona develops, manufactures, and markets a comprehensive solutions offering including dental and oral health products as well as other consumable medical devices under a strong portfolio of world class brands.
As The Dental Solutions CompanyTM, Dentsply Sirona’s products provide innovative, high-quality and effective solutions to advance patient care and deliver better, safer and faster dentistry.
Dentsply Sirona’s global headquarters is located in York, Pennsylvania, and the international headquarters is based in Salzburg, Austria. The company’s shares are listed in the United States on NASDAQ under the symbol XRAY.
This position is location in the heart of Southern Delaware; located just 25 miles north of Rehoboth Beach and only 20 miles south of the state’s capital, Dover.
Also, we are centrally located east and south of Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington DC. Whether standing at a scenic point along the downtown River walk, or spending the day at one of Delaware’s beautiful beaches, know that underneath the calm tranquility is the energy of a community on the move!
Bringing out the best in people
As advanced as dentistry is today, we are dedicated to making it even better. Our people have a passion for innovation and are committed to applying it to improve dental care.
We live and breathe high performance, working as one global team, bringing out the best in each other for the benefit of dental patients, and the professionals who serve them. If you want to grow and develop as a part of a team that is shaping an industry, then we’re looking for the best to join us.
Working at Dentsply Sirona you are able to:
Develop faster - with our commitment to the best professional development.
Perform better - as part of a high-performance, empowering culture.
Shape an industry - with a market leader that continues to drive innovation.
Make a difference -by helping improve oral health worldwide.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Reporting directly to the Quality Engineering Manager, the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Software Engineer will assist with the site wide implementation and management of the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) for all of Milford’s manufacturing value streams.
- Work closely with the internal customers of the system (e.g. Process Engineering, Operations, R&D, and Quality) to ensure that the system will facilitate effective process control (including interface with measurement equipment and software such as LIMS) both during implementation and as the processes evolve over time.
- Develop develop end user training and provide on-going support to internal customers, as well as be the primary point-of-contact with the selected system vendor and system integrator.
- Work within a FDA/ISO regulated facility requiring the development and execution of appropriate validation/qualification protocols for specific initiatives.
- BS/BA degree from four-year College or university in an engineering, computer, or information science field.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of experience with responsibility for implementing and managing MES in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Ability to understand and document all steps and decisions involved in manufacturing processes (such as by process mapping).
- Ability to create and maintain Microsoft SQL databases in conjunction with the MES system.
- Experience in writing Code and integrating code snippets.
- Programming experience with Microsoft SQL and Microsoft Visual Studio (such as .NET) is required.
- Highly motivated – sense of urgency in resolving processing issues relating to customer requirements and demands.
- Demonstrated results orientation.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and meet time line commitments.
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and manage multiple initiatives concurrently.
- Ability to work with cross-functional groups and people at all organizational levels.
- Predisposition to safe working and safety improvement.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information exists.
Software Engineer - Milford, DE (50785).