The Opportunity / What we’re looking for:
We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is motivated by making a difference in people’s lives – their productivity, their creativity, their health and comfort. That’s why our engineers design and implement technologies that allow people to do great things.
We’re looking for highly motivated and talented engineers who are passionate about engineering velocity and automation. You will be responsible for developing Software Defined Networking (SDN), virtualization and modularization solutions to enable (Network Functions Virtualization) NFV using their wide range of platforms
The role / What you will do at Ciena:
As a member of the Dataplane team, the Software Engineer III will be responsible to prototype and develop the dataplane capabilities needed to support Embedded, NFV and SDN solutions. As a member of a dynamic team will be responsible for the following: modularize Packet Networking Service Aware Operating System (SAOS) to support new value added services; participate in various phases of product development cycle – product definition, design, planning, implementation and test, and provide functional/design specifications; provide expertise and direction instrumental to the definition and design of new architectures and technologies needed to drive adoption of Ciena’s NFV, SDN and related software products; work in a cross functional environment to deliver a complete solution required by customers; prototype to validatearchitecture, design concepts and provide example implementations, and drive innovation that can help create new revenue opportunities for Packet networking software/hardware products.
- Work experience with operating systems such as Linux and/or Unix and programming language C/C++.
- Product development experience in computer software or computer networking in the Telecommunications field.
- Design and implementation of forwarding planearchitecture isrequiredin the area of QoS (Shaping, Scheduling, Metering), L2, Link Aggregation/LACP, L3, MPLS forwarding.
- Development experience with Datapath Protection architecture and resource management are highly desired
- Familiarity with SDN concepts, Netconf/Yang, dataplane in VM/Container environment, EVPN, L3VPN, ISSU