The primary responsibility of this position is to develop and deliver commercial software solutions for IHS Markit for internal and external use. Solutions will include support and growth of North American Land products using web technologies and databasetechnologies, incorporation of third party GIS technology (e.g. ESRI), and web data/map services. Incumbent has knowledge across a broad spectrum of programming languages and techniques and applies both existing and new technologies in developing solutions.
General Job Duties
- Collaborate with Strategic Marketing, Product Management and customers to determine best solution to meet customer’s business needs.
- Work in conjunction with Sales, Strategic Marketing and Product Management to execute the portfolio process.
- Design, plan and develop solutions based on industry requirements.
- Resolve complex design problems.
- Establish testing procedures to ensure application are thoroughly tested
- Perform other duties as required.
- Work with highly innovative and dynamic development team.
- Take initiative and work independently on certain projects, while contributing to a large team on others.
Specific Job Duties
Duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Ensure consistent implementation of company software development processes and standards.
- Coordinate closely with the system architect to create appropriate designs and provide input to the architecture.
- Ensure system capacity, performance and failure recovery architecture including design and execution of both functional and non-functional tests.
- Tight collaboration with product managers and expert business analysts. Comprehension of business specifications and an ability to implement well designed solutions based off of the defined requirements.
- Provide input to requirements regarding development limitations.
- Apply knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- ASP.NET 3.5/4.5+ C#
- SQL Server 2008 - 2016 (Very strong SQL skills, database design, SQL performance optimization techniques required)
- Experience in all phases of the SDLC.
- Visual Studio 2015 / 2017
- GIT/Team Foundation Server
- Proficient with Object Oriented Analysis, design concepts and design patterns.
- Ability to critically review, debug and diagnose existing application codebase across all application tiers.
- Experience working with messaging technologies such as MQ, JMS, SOAP, WCF, REST, and FPML is a big plus.
- Familiarity with Agile development process is a plus.
- Experience with test driven development is a plus
- Reports directly to Senior Manager, Product Development and Delivery
- Acts in a supporting capacity on small to mid-sized programs, but has no direct supervisory responsibility.
- Interacts with other colleagues at all levels in the conduct of day-to-day activities.
- Frequently interacts with customers at the executive level.
- Actively participates in industry forums and user groups.