We are currently looking for a junior to mid-level Software Engineer. This role will work as part of a project team to develop and deliver products for Markit Digital. Must have 1 to 3 years of hands-on experience in core development techniques and display the ability to grasp current technologies used at Markit Digital and potentially new technologies in developing solutions.
What you will be doing
- Work as part of an agile development team to design, estimate, develop and implement software solutions that satisfy the business requirements.
- Establish testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested throughout development and before release.
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement.
- Collaborate with otherdevelopers as necessary to resolve different tasks.
- Work independently as necessary.
- Monitor and report to management and/or technical lead on project status, identify issues that may impede attainment of goals, recommend and implement corrective measures.
- Continuously expand knowledge in area of specialization.
What we like to see
- BS or MSdegree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with programming languages (C#,Java, and SQL), programming techniques, and relational databases.
- The ability to with use of Java in conjunction with large data sets and databases.
- Optional knowledge and experience using NoSQL, Hadoop, Spark, Scala and Cassandra.
- Strong fundamentals of relational database concepts, Graphical User Interface, and service oriented architecture.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiar with agile development methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills – must be able to work effectively as part of a project/program team and foster team cooperation.
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.