You will be the database specialist in the team, providing necessary mentorship and design. You will develop and lead the database aspects of all Petro cloud solution offerings. Though most applications use PostgresSQL as primary database there are manay opportunities to work on non-SQL databases. You will ensure database design is optimised for the best performance and would perform periodic evaluation and fine-tune the system continuously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide design and administration support to the entire system development lifecycle, including develop, review, approve database schema/changes, stored procedures, SQLs/PL/SQL and other database related objects
- Establish database design conventions in standard methodology and assure that design conventions and standards are compliant and documented fully
- Develop and implement stored procedure verification tools that assist developers in troubleshooting and performance improvement
- Develop procedures for the synchronization between different database environments
- Work with data modelers to review and optimize logical data models and implement them in physical database schemas using data modeling tools
- Deliver training and documentation for knowledge transfer to other database team members
- Support database management and deployment processes
- Provide advice/recommendations on database architecture, design and implementation
- Provide technical coverage for all databases when the primary DBA is unavailable including after hours support on weekends
- Receives, investigates, fixes and resolves software problems associated with Customer Facing Managed Services Systems. As necessary, works remotely with on-site with IT staff, contractors, vendors and users to resolve problems.
- You aid with the data archival implementation in our Managed Services business
- You help re-organize production databases and improve performance after major archival effort.
Knowledge & Experience
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or related field.
- Deep understanding of complex SQL and PL/SQL programming and optimization
- DBA Certification, completion of professional training program(s) or equivalent directly related experience.
- Requires a minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience with database design and programming in Java
- Requires knowledge and experience in Linux and Micro Services.
- Knowledge of web servers, firewalls/security, NIS/NFS, DNS, MTAs, and TCP/IP networking.
- Experience in Enterprise Manager Grid Control and performance tuning and troubleshooting is a definite Plus.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to install, configure, backup, clone, and upgrade PostgresSQL and SQL databases.
- Understand the security issues surrounding the database and applications and enable standard methodologies.
- Ability to migrate changes to production environment.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.