Thunder is looking for a talented developer to work on our next-generation ad platform in our Norman, OK office. Thousands of users interact with our platform every day and we strive to make that interaction as seamless as possible. You would be responsible for making sure your area of the system is scalable and shapes the future of what our product can do. While we use a mix of languages and tools/technologies, we believe the right engineer can use their experience with any number of similar tools and translate it to success on our team.
We care about high quality designs and code backed by review and tests.
- Writing clean, elegant code that is functional, maintainable, and scalable
- Designing, improving, and updating web APIs, backend systems, data pipelines, databases, and reporting systems
- Participate in architecture design sessions and code
- Staying up to date with the latest patterns, practices, techniques and languages
- Proficient in Java, SQL, PHP, and NodeJS
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, distributed systems and common design patterns
- Database and data engineering experience with hands-on experience building services that leverage a variety of database systems such as SQL, Redshift Spectrum, Druid, Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark, Kafka, AWS Kinesis, MongoDB
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Experience with cloud based, scalable applications
- Unit Testing.